Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dear Paleo...

Okay, so this post is not directly related to paleo, but does offer some of the remarkable results of paleo eating and, subsequently, my feelings for paleo (that's right, for). If you want to read about food today, sorry, but this is all I have at the mo'.

Last night, my roommate and I did the CF Open WOD 12.2: 10 minutes of snatches. My roommate was awesome and did 60, along with several attempts at 100#. She probably could have done more, but, rather than using her whole body, employed her giant traps to muscle out every snatch.
I also did respectably: 48. I probably could have done all 60, but was unsure of how to pace myself...

No offense to my box, but we at BTB Fitness don't get enough snatch. Alright, that sentence was just wrong. But, it's true. I've been regularly attending CrossFit workouts since early November, and that's the last time I did a snatch... early November. And I hated it (undoubtedly contributes to the fact that I haven't done a snatch since, but there is a lack of them in our programmed workouts). Anyway, that time, we were finding our 1 rep max. Mine was 65#. I was discouraged to say the least, but also very new to CrossFit.

That being said, though I'm disappointed that I didn't get to the 60 mark (only because I know in my heart of hearts that I could have), I have to revel in the fact that I did 18 snatches at 75#.

And, I can't help but attribute this feat to paleo eating. Progress such as this makes me want to write a love letter to paleo. The really mushy, nauseating kind. But I won't. I already wrote an ode to fats... how many of my creative juices can go towards my love of food? (alright, probably more than I'd like to admit) Anyway, when my brother and his now-fiancee were first dating, they wrote "i <3 u" all over each other's facebook walls. His ringtone for her was "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat (yes, that really happened). That is how I feel about paleo right now. If it called me, I would hear Colbie's sweet voice singing "and they start at my toes, makes me crinkle my nose..."

In sum, thank you paleo! I less-than-three you!
xoxo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment